So yeah, I finally–FINALLY–finished That Book.
It took longer than I expected because of so many things that were going on simultaneously in my life: family issues, sickness, the death of a beloved pet. (Those back-to-back bacterial infections that brought me down during the last few weeks of July alone were enough to send me into a tailspin.) But, yeah, all things considered, I’m pretty much done with that manuscript, and I’m happy to report that I’m looking forward to holding the actual book in my hands next year.
Now the question remains: What am I going to do next?
I know for sure that I’ll be starting the new draft of the last book in the Hideaway Trilogy sometime this month–I’ve gotten so addicted to writing sprints that I can’t go a week without writing something–but compared to the intense experience that I had with this particular manuscript, it’s hard to look back at Ten Truths About Us (even with the existing beta notes) and think that I can jump in and make everything better.
Then again, it could be fatigue, and I’ll have to admit that my well has run dry from not reading enough books and not watching enough movies in the meantime. My backlog from Netflix alone is about two months long, and I’ve only started to chip away at it. (Yes, oppa, I had to cut down on some of your movies, because I can’t reconcile the oppa I just wrote about with the oppa that did…those. Sorry, but my imagination doesn’t work that way.)
So maybe that’s what I need to do at this moment: rest, read, watch a movie or two, maybe binge on more makeup videos on YouTube so I can have fodder for my Instagram account when I’m no longer in pain from this current infection. Part of me believes that my body will tell me when I’m ready, and then my mind and heart will follow suit. 🙂
In the meantime, while I do promise to post more often on this blog, here’s where you can find the rest of me online:
- Twitter (@TheStellaTorres) for rants, humor, and the occasional poll
- Instagram (@stella_meimei) for makeup, beauty, and sometimes pictures of my face
- Spotify: Occasionally I’ll post links to my playlists on Twitter, but I just realized that I didn’t post the playlist for this current manuscript on this blog! You’ll find out more once things are more solid. 🙂
- Facebook: Dormant right now because I don’t post a lot of stuff there for engagement–unless I have a note for students who are trying to reach me for their assignments–but I’ll figure out what to do with it since I tend to engage more with Twitter and IG.
- I might put up an FAQ page on this blog as well, just to set the record straight in the long run.
Hope this helps!